Balsamic Salad With Gargonzola And Nuts
This is a wonderfully delicious salad that makes use of nut and olive oils for flavor.
Active Time20 minutes
Ready In20 minutes
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, prewashed and cut into bite sized pieces (about 15 to 20 lettuce heart leaves, assorted sizes)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 oz gargonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, preferably premium/aged made with real grape must
- dash of sea salt
Toss together lettuce, onions, tomatoes, pine nuts, cheese, and oils until well mixed and lettuce looks evenly coated with oil.
Add balsamic vinegar and dash of salt and toss.
Last updated on 09-11-2012